Thursday, December 12, 2013

Little Girl's Growing Up


When did this little girl grow up? 

I shared this photo in my end-of-life care class today for our "life celebration." I talked about Delilah--how she loved to run and eat chocolate. How I cried more than I thought I would when I said goodbye. 

And then I look at this photo. Me and Lilah. Two little puppies. 

And now both of us graduating. Me from college. Her from this life. 

I just finished my last day of college classes, and I'm wondering at what point did I grow up? Just heard the T. Swift song "Don't Ever Grow Up." Why did I ever do that? I didn't even know it was happening, and now it's happened. A twinge of sadness.

Then the song, "I Won't Worry My Life Away." That's good advice for me. I grew up because all this time I've been living my life. I'm going to keep living it, and it's going to be grand. Faith, faith, faith.

Miss you, Lilah. And miss you too, little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment